1/2 Photos of ChuckwagonCookie's Thai Kra Pao Catfish
Slightly sweet, full of umami and as spicy as you want it, this take on Thai Kra Pao is a great way to serve catfish! The Holy Basil (or Thai basil) is essential, look for it in a local Asian market! If you can't find Thai peppers, use jalapeno, cayenne or serrano instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 catfish fillets
- 1 cup fish breading
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 1/3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, chiffonade cut
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -5 Thai peppers, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1Bread and fry the catfish in 1/2 inch of oil for about 3 minutes per side.
- 2Julienne cut the onions and bell peppers, chop the hot peppers.
- 3Saute the onions and peppers in a wok or skillet until tender.
- 4Beware, inhaling pepper fumes is painful!
- 5Add the garlic and zucchini, saute for a few minutes.
- 6Add sauce ingredients, let simmer for a few minutes.
- 7Thicken if desired with 2 tsp corn starch mixed into couple ounces of water.
- 8Place fried catfish on a bed of basmati rice, spoon sauce over the top and sprinkle generously with the Thai basil -- enjoy!
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ChuckwagonCookie's Thai Kra Pao Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 6097.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: