1/2 Photos of ChuckWagonCookie's Pan Seared Crispy Skin Salmon
2 hrs 10 mins
The blend of spicy and citrus puts this salmon into ChuckWagon Cookie's "best of" category! Durkee makes a Citrus Rub which is great, but hard to find. So for the Citrus Spice Mix, use some lemon pepper, dried orange peel, salt, sugar, a bit of dill, dried garlic and dried onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin on (about 6-8 oz each)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon citrus mixed spice (see recipe description)
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced very thinly
- 1 shallot, sliced very thinly
- 5 grape tomatoes, sliced thinly. (Roma finely diced works too)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Mix the Olive Oil, cajun spice mix and citrus mix together well and let sit for 20 minutes to let flavors be absorbed by the oil. Mix in the lemon juice.
- 2Smear onto the flesh side of the salmon, place both together skin side out in plastic bag and marinate in refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- 3Place cast iron or oven safe heavy bottom skillet over high heat, with no oil.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5Meanwhile, remove salmon from marinade. Feel free to add a light coat of cajun and citrus spices. Dot the fleshy side with the sliced shallot, garlic and tomato.
- 6When skillet is very hot, add a light coat of vegetable oil. If it smokes, it's hot enough.
- 7Place salmon skin side down in skillet and let it cook for 2 1/2 minutes.
- 8DO NOT move it or bother it -- just walk away and let it cook.
- 9After 2 1/2 minutes, place skillet in preheated oven and let cook until internal temperature of the salmon reaches 132 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- 10Goes well with pasta or rice!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ChuckWagonCookie's Pan Seared Crispy Skin Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 130.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: