1/1 Photo of ChuckwagonCookie's Easy Beef Brisket
7 hrs 20 mins
Easy grill and oven cooking for a juicy, delicious brisket! And a great sauce! You can't rush this one, plan on at least six to eight hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1The day before cooking, cover the meat with the dry rub, massaging it into the brisket. Wrap in plastic wrap, put in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 2The next morning, take brisket out, preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 3Prepare your grill for indirect heat cooking.
- 4Place brisket fat side up on the unheated side of your grill. You should have a temperature around 250 degrees. If you have a smoker box, use it with hickory chips for three cycles of smoke. If you don't, don't worry about it.
- 5Let the brisket cook on indirect heat for three hours.
- 6Make a foil packet big enough for the brisket. After three hours, place brisket in the packet and pour in the braising liquid. Seal the foil packet and put brisket on a baking dish or pan.
- 7Place in oven, and forget about it for 5 hours.
- 8Check internal temperature every half hour after 5 hours. You want the center of the brisket to be around 190 degrees.
- 9Remove from oven, carefully pour braising liquid into a pan, and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, cover the brisket and let sit. You can turn off the oven and put the brisket back in after 15 minutes.
- 10Let the liquid boil down to a thick consistency. less than half of the original amount should remain.
- 11Slice brisket against the grain and drizzle sauce on top.
- 12Goes great with cole slaw!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ChuckwagonCookie's Easy Beef Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3574.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning