From a Hometown Cooking magazine that isnt published anymore. My Family loves these and they have INCREDIBLE flavor....much better than those packaged or canned sloppy joe mixes!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced sweet green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce (I use Bush's)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 1/2-3 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 -5 dashes hot pepper sauce (leave out if preparing for kids)
- 8 -10 hamburger buns or 8 -10 kaiser rolls
- 1In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, and sweet peppers until meat is brown.
- 2Drain off Fat.
- 3Stir in beans, tomatoes, katsup, chili powder, mustard and pepper sauce.
- 4Bring to boiling and reduce heat Summer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- 5To serve, spoon onto buns or rolls (I add a slice of cheese to this).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chuckwagon Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 618.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g