Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Hometown Cooking magazine that isnt published anymore. My Family loves these and they have INCREDIBLE flavor....much better than those packaged or canned sloppy joe mixes!!!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce (I use Bush's)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 -5 dashes hot pepper sauce (leave out if preparing for kids)
- 8 -10 hamburger buns or 8 -10 kaiser rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, and sweet peppers until meat is brown.
- Drain off Fat.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, katsup, chili powder, mustard and pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling and reduce heat Summer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve, spoon onto buns or rolls (I add a slice of cheese to this).
Very good, made this almost true to recipe, but used fire roasted diced tomatoes. Definately a keeper.
Good filling sandwich that really stretches the ground beef.
I was wondering what I'd cook for supper last night and came across your recipe...needless to say, it was a hit!! No leftovers and no complaints! I will definitely make it again.