Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My kid's favorite chili.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 hot dogs, halved and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly.
Wonderful chili and the chopped up hotdog weiners were a hit with my kids. I used 2 T. chili powder because I like a strong chili flavor. Very savory and hearty. Thanks for another family favorite.
My family liked this a lot. I used only 1 lb ground beef, and left out the mushrooms because we don't like them. This was especially good as leftovers.