Recipe by kathya821
The addition of crisp bacon to the carrots gives a nice lightly smoked favor. It has been a favorite with my family for many years. It originated in the "Treasury of Country Recipes" published by Land O Lakes about 15 years ago. Even people who don't normally eat carrots love this dish! You can easily double the recipe for a potluck dish. If you want to decrease the fat, just substitute light margarine and turkey bacon.
- 3 cups carrots, sliced 1/2 inch (6 med)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced 1/8 inch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-qt saucepan place carrots; add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Cook over medium heat until carrots are crisply tender (8-12 minutes).
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (5 minutes).