Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe out of one of those small cookbooks at the checkout a few years ago. This is one of my hubby's favorites, and company has enjoyed it as well. Very filling and good on a cold day.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked pasta (wagon wheel shaped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain off the grease and return the pan to the stove.
- Add in the water, barbecue sauce, the baked beans, and the tomato sauce. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, add in the pasta and cover. Turn down to a simmer, and cook for about 12-15 minutes, or until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop out into bowls, garnish with cheese, and dig in!
I really liked this a lot. I added crushed red pepper and used a spicy Texas style barbecue. DH didn't care for it as he felt it was a little on the sweet side but that's exactly what I like about it.
This was really easy and really good. I will make this again for sure!
I made this using extra lean ground turkey. I added in about 2 tsps powdered garlic and 2 tsps onion powder. I omitted cheese due to diet. Hubby and I both rated this as excellent and I will be making this again!! Thanks Misa!!