My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked wagon wheel macaroni or 1 1/2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup prepared hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup colby cheese, finely shredded
- 1In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat 6 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
- 2Pour off drippings.
- 3Stir in broth, pasta, barbecue sauce and water; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- 5Uncover skillet; continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chuckwagon Beef & Pasta Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 1225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 37.4 g