Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked wagon wheel macaroni or 1 1⁄2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup prepared hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup colby cheese, finely shredded
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat 6 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Stir in broth, pasta, barbecue sauce and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Uncover skillet; continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.