Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe includes baked beans along with a variety of other beans, hamburger, and bacon for a nice twist. They are really good. They are my MIL's recipe.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, cut up
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces baked beans
- 16 ounces lima beans, drained
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounces butter beans, drained
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In skillet, cook onion, bacon, garlic, and hamburger until bacon is crisp, onion is tender, and meat is browned. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine onion mixture, lima beans, baked beans, red kidney beans, butter beans, garbanzo beans, catsup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, and Worchestershire sauce.
- Transfer bean mixture to a 3 quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a 375°F oven for 1 hour.