Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is requested by my husband often and is his favorite meal! Can be a meal in one or goes great with some rolls or a salad.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk (used to prepare the macaroni and cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (used to prepare the macaroni and cheese) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (used to prepare the macaroni and cheese)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- Velveeta cheese
- Brown hamburger in skillet and drain.
- While hamburger is cooking, cook macaroni and cheese as directed on box.
- Mix cooked hamburger, prepared macaroni and cheese, tomato paste, and drained corn together well in a large mixing bowl.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Top with sliced Velveeta cheese.
- Cover and microwave for 10 minutes.
What a great recipe- my mom used to make this when we were kids - it is FANTASTIC! So simple and easy - and affordable too! I always use Velveeta cheese - others don't compare. This is one of those meals that make great leftovers. Thanks for posting Indiana Nurse!
This was really easy to make but it seemed like it needed some seasoning or maybe the paste needed to cook with the meat with a little bit of water.(I might try that the next time. I will try and make it again. My kids really liked it. I'm very picky though. I also doubled the recipe since we have six in our family and I think I could have gotten away with just making it the way that it was posted. Thanks for the recipe.
This was good and very easy to make. I will be making it again, but next time I'll probably try cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta. I like Velveeta, but in this case I found the taste to be just a tad overwhelming.