Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chucktown is one of the nicknames for the beautiful city of Charleston, SC. Posted for the Culinary Quest on Yuku FoodFriendsandFun
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons ginger ale (this is a 1/3 cup plus a splash) or 6 tablespoons ginger beer (this is a 1/3 cup plus a splash)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grenadine
- lime slice (or wedges, to garnish)
- 10 ounces ice, more if needed
- Combine 2 Tbsp. bourbon and 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice in a cocktail shaker; fill with ice. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into a 10-oz. glass filled with ice. Top with 6 Tbsp. of your favorite ginger ale or ginger beer.
- Drizzle with 1/4 teaspoons grenadine. with fresh lime slices or wedges. Garnish with fresh lime slices or wedges.
- Note: If you can find them use good quality ginger ale and grenadine. I love Fever Tree and Jack Rudy's small batch grenadine.
Good cocktail. I measured it exactly as written and it came out featuring the bourbon, and wasn't too sweet. Will certainly make again! Thanks for the cocktail momaphet!