Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My wife and I love Pulled Pork, but not always with BBQ Sauce. This is a very flavorful recipe without the BBQ that once made you can do a lot with, even add BBQ sauce. Last time we made it, we froze half after cooked and pulled it out later and made pulled pork fajitas.
- 9 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Nu-salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Rub roast with worcestershire and liquid smoke.
- Rub roast with all seasoning equally.
- Place water in crockpot on low.
- Add roast, cover and cook 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast, discard fat and shred meat.
- I've also made crackling with the skin before, but that's another recipe.