Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is adapted from my father in law's recipe for poached salmon- it is absolutely simple, very low cal, and tastes great cold or warm. We like it cold with an aioli or a creamy dill sauce.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh dill
- 6 -8 slices pickled ginger (optional)
- 1 cup white wine
- Place lemon slices, dill and ginger in a foil pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place salmon on top.
- Add wine and then fill pan with water until the fish is completely covered.
- Cover with foil and poke knife holes all over the foil to allow steam to escape.
- Put in oven at 350 for approximately 25 minutes (cooking time depends on thickness of filet- if the fish flakes easily with a fork, then it's ready).
Thanks Miraklegirl for a great way to poach salmon. I needed to put mine in a little longer but sooo great!! Thanks again, Queen uh Cuisine
SO easy and simply delicious! Thanks Miraklegirl!
Its a great way to cook salmon!Low cal and easy. I also added miced garlic. But its important not to leave the salmon in the liquid when its done for a long time!!!Thanks for posting!