Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In 1990, I was fortunate to get involved with a great family who gave me a home and a place to feel safe (thanks, George) and pretty quickly, I came to think of Chuck as "dad". I don't know where he got this recipe or how much trial-and-error was involved, but whenever the family gets together...these are always at the top of the request list. I recently got it from him as part of an online recipe exchange. The secret is the flavor of the teriyaki sauce cooking down and bringing the whole thing together; he prefers the brand sold at Costco but use the one you like the best. I also think the green chiles are just as essential to the finished dish as well. Add more or less of any of the ingredients to suit your taste and whatever brands you prefer--that is the beauty of this recipe. For extra pizzazz...throw in a pound or so of ground meat...pre-cooked or just broken up.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 -4 dashes Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- Stir all ingredients together in a crock pot and cook on low for several hours to overnight (best!). Enjoy.