Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk egg and cooking oil together.
- Blend in all the rest and whisk well.
- When grilling chicken baste with juice each time you turn chicken.
- You can't over baste with this so don't worry.
- Chicken will be done when you can twist the leg and thigh bone and it pull apart from the body.
- Poultry seasoning comes in many brands.
- Try to find one that will give you a nice color when grilling.
- Mine is a regional local made brand and always helps for a nice appearance.
- Several people have told me it's great by adding a little hot sauce to it as well.
- Makes 1 quart.
- Does between 10-14 halves.
- Keeps in a covered jar in the fridge for several months.
I halved the recipe and used this on chicken breasts, like you said, I just kept marinading and it was wonderful. I added garlic tobasco to the blend to kick it up a bit. Thanks Chuck!
this is one of the best chicken marinades i've ever had. try it you'll love it too. juicy, tastey chicken in every bite. 2 big thumbs up!!!! thanks
Wow!! This was so good that my family just kept making grunting noises and giving me the thumbs up while they ate it, seriously! LOL! We all really enjoyed it and I will definitely be using this recipe again. The only deviation from the recipe I made was I used a hand blender to mix it which keeps the ingredients from separating. I then marinated the chicken in some of the juice for about two hours before grilling. I used the rest of the juice to baste as called for. I served it with potato salad & steamed broccoli for a delicious summer meal. Leftovers were also good eaten cold. Thanks Chuck!!