Recipe by Leanne Yeatman
Saw this made on Foodnetwork Television's "Chuck's Day Off". Have not made it yet but I can't wait to try it. Looked amazing on TV and the recipe is different from anything else I've seen, it uses oreo cookies. Enjoy!
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (60 ml)
- 1 (300 ml) can condensed milk
- 2 bananas, ripe sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups 35% cream (500 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee (30 ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- Banoffee Pie.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a food processor, add the cookies and process until it becomes a crumb like mixture. Add butter and process again. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, take the condensed milk can and place it in an oven-proof stockpot filled with water. DO NOT OPEN THE CAN. Make sure the can is constantly covered in water. Bake in the oven for 3 ½ hours. Remove, let cool, open and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the bananas with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar and coffee in another bowl until soft peaks form.
- Using a round 4 inche mold directly on the serving plate, put a layer of the cookie mixture, then the slices of bananas, cover with the condensed milk (now toffee) and repeat the layers. Remove the mold and garnish with a dollop of cream.