Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hot sauce that will make you sweat! This is a combo of a few different recipes I've run across. It's easy to make, and will get hotter over the course of a few days in the fridge.
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 4 serrano peppers
- 3 habanero peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, at least 1 tsp
- Fill a pot with water so that the peppers will float.
- Add peppers and bring water to a boil and cover.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- While peppers are boiling, in a food processor add all other ingredients: drained tomatoes, minced garlic, vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and salt.
- When peppers are done boiling cut off the tops of them, leaving the seeds in the peppers.
- Add the peppers, seeds and all, to the food processor.
- Pulse until the desired consistancy is reached, about 30 seconds will be more than enough.
- Pour into a sealable container and store in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
As far as my experience with homemade hot sauces go, this stuff is really great! It's spicy and tangy and will bite-cha back....gotta love that! I used it on some leftover chicken thighs I was using in another recipe, and they came out so delicious. I will definately make this sauce again. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.