Recipe by jrnellen
In honor of an old family friend, Charlie Campbell, R.I.P. We created this when I was a child in Louisville, KY. I distinctly remember it being a Sunday morning when--serendipity!-- this odd combo of ingredients came together.
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 2-3 bananas, halved, then sliced length-wise
- 10-12 strawberries, cleaned, thinly sliced
- 453.59 g softened cream cheese
- 4-6 slice bacon, fried
Directions See How It's Made
- You are preparing what is essentially an open-faced sandwich of sorts.
- Spread the cream cheese on a muffin, and then stack with slices of banana, strawberry, and bacon.
- It can get messy, but the combination of flavors makes this one of the great surprises.