Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In honor of an old family friend, Charlie Campbell, R.I.P. We created this when I was a child in Louisville, KY. I distinctly remember it being a Sunday morning when--serendipity!-- this odd combo of ingredients came together.
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 2 -3 bananas, halved, then sliced length-wise
- 10 -12 strawberries, cleaned, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 -6 slices bacon, fried
- You are preparing what is essentially an open-faced sandwich of sorts.
- Spread the cream cheese on a muffin, and then stack with slices of banana, strawberry, and bacon.
- It can get messy, but the combination of flavors makes this one of the great surprises.