Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
1 1/2 lb loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/4 t. bread machine yeast)
- Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on dark and program for the Basic or French Bread cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
I made this twice and both times, it fell. The first time I used the basic cycle; the second time I used the French bread cycle in my Breadman machine. It tasted good anyway. I would like to know what I am doing wrong or is there a typo in the recipe for 1.5 pound loaf.