Recipe by plainchicken
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Easy slow cooked beef stew packed with vegetables. Great for a busy weeknight. Serve with cornbread.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 10 red potatoes, cubed
- 3 -4 baby carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup green peas (I use frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the stew meat in the flour and sugar. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute shallot until tender. Add meat to skillet and brown. (It won't be cooked through, just brown the outside of the meat).
- Transfer meat to slow cooker and add all remaining ingredients except for peas. Stir. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Add peas and cook for 15 minutes longer.