Recipe by MizzNezz
I love the aroma when this is cooking, lots of flavor.
Top Review by Chef 920429
It's official,I have made this recipe,and I'm giving you 5***** because you deserve the ******. I have made many beef Stews in the last 47 years,this is the best one I have made. We had it two nights in a row. I did add a can of beef broth,and used fresh vegetables,didn't have the frozen ones. Thank you for sharing your recipe.:0)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- In bag, shake flour, salt and pepper with meat.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven on med-high; add meat and flour, brown for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and tomatoes; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, basil, garlic powder, celery salt, oregano and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hour.
- Stir in potatoes and mixed vegetables; simmer for 1 hour longer, until potatoes are tender.