Recipe by Ravenseyes
This dish has been a favorite since my girls where little. It is a combination of a really good chili and vegetables and pasta to make a soup--a real warm up kinda soup.
Top Review by Steve N
It was very tasty, I enjoyed the large amount of veggies. I would suggest browning the meat separately, however. Browning it with the mushrooms made it clump, but constant stirring broke them up. A couple changes I made - ground turkey instead of beef, 1 12 oz bottle of beer in place of a similar amount of stock, and I used only 8 cups of stock to make it a little thicker. I'll definitely be making this again.
- 1 lb extra lean ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 3⁄4 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup yellow squash (diced)
- 31 ounces dark red kidney beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups kernel corn
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (adjust to your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chile
- 29 ounces Del Monte zesty jalapeno pepper diced tomato
- 10 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked ditalini
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot add 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat add onions, celery and mushrooms and cook till onions are slightly tender add ground beef and cook till browned. Make sure you keep the beef from sticking or clumping. Drain any fats.
- Add remaining ingredients up to but not including the pasta. Cook over medium heat for 1 hr or until veggies are somewhat tender.
- Add your cooked pasta and serve with a dollop of sour cream and some grated cheddar cheese.