1/1 Photo of Chuck Wagon Potatoes
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Recipe Reader's Note:
From the Next Food Network Star Rory Schepisi. Potatoes with onion, garlic, bacon, butter, and cheese. What could be better?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2267.96-2721.55 g Red Bliss potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 118.29 ml garlic, chopped
- 354.88 ml bacon, chopped and par cooked
- 354.88 ml salted butter, softened (recommended -- Country Crock)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated (smoked cheese recommended)
- 118.29 ml chives, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Wash and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces. Place potatoes in a medium sized roasting pan.
- 3Add diced onion, shallots, garlic and bacon. Mix potatoes and other ingredients with softened butter until ingredients are coated thoroughly with butter.
- 4Cover with foil and cook approximately for 1 hour or until the potatoes are almost fork tender.
- 5Remove foil. Season with salt and pepper and place back in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes have a nice golden brown color.
- 6Garnish with grated cheese and chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chuck Wagon Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.4
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.3 mg
- Sodium 352.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.1 g