Cook1 hr 30 mins
From the Next Food Network Star Rory Schepisi. Potatoes with onion, garlic, bacon, butter, and cheese. What could be better?
- 5 -6 lbs Red Bliss potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bacon, chopped and par cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted butter, softened (recommended -- Country Crock)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (smoked cheese recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces. Place potatoes in a medium sized roasting pan.
- Add diced onion, shallots, garlic and bacon. Mix potatoes and other ingredients with softened butter until ingredients are coated thoroughly with butter.
- Cover with foil and cook approximately for 1 hour or until the potatoes are almost fork tender.
- Remove foil. Season with salt and pepper and place back in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes have a nice golden brown color.
- Garnish with grated cheese and chives.