Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fast toss-together if you are short on time. It has a bold taste. I like this with tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans or 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add Kielbasa and cook until browned.
- Stir in rice and beans and barbecue sauce.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Braunda, I made this for my husband's lunch the other day,and he even ate the leftovers that evening.This is like some of the things I used to make when we lived on the farm when I was a kid.So I made it for my husband,and he loved it,I knew it was a winner when I saw it,(I was right) Thanks Braunda, Darlene Summers
This is just sooo simple! I love it. One of those dishes that I always have the ingredients on hand so it's great for weeknights when I don't feel like cooking and it's definitely comfort food. BBQ sausage is one of my favorites to begin with -- the rice and beans just work so well with it.
Good, hearty, stick-to-your-ribs meal. Easy to make on a weeknight. Leftovers reheat well.