Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty, robust potato dish with a kick!
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 lb yukon gold potato (yellow)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 12 ounces baby carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen white shoepeg corn, thawed (white)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place red potatoes, yellow potatoes, jalapeno pepper, carrots and garlic cloves in a large pot.
- Cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes and carrotsare tender.
- Drain water from pot.
- Stir in corn and butter.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher until butter is melted and potatoes have reached desired consistency.
- Mix in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- Makes: 10 servings.