Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces ground chuck
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled,seeded and cut in 3/4 inch chunks (4 cups)
- 4 cups beef broth (from cubes)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can barbecue baked beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced scallion
- 1Saute beef in a 5-quart pot over medium heat 4 minutes or until brown.
- 2Discard fat.
- 3Saute onions and garlic in pot 4 minutes or until soft.
- 4Stir in chili powder and cumin, then squash, broth and 1 extra cup water.
- 5Cover and gently boil 15 minutes until squash is almost tender.
- 6Add tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 7Top serving with cheddar cheese and scallions.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chuck Wagon Chili Soup
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 568.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
barbecue baked beans