Recipe by carolinafan
Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of soup.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This was easy and delicious! I made this for dinner last night, omitting the squash, using frozen beef stock and added in chopped jalapeno for extra heat. I served it in serving bowls and topped it with cheddar cheese, sooooooo good! thanks for a great recipe Anita, we really enjoyed this... Oh, don't forget the salt and pepper!...Kitten:)
- 12 ounces ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled,seeded and cut in 3/4 inch chunks (4 cups)
- 4 cups beef broth (from cubes)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can barbecue baked beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute beef in a 5-quart pot over medium heat 4 minutes or until brown.
- Discard fat.
- Saute onions and garlic in pot 4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin, then squash, broth and 1 extra cup water.
- Cover and gently boil 15 minutes until squash is almost tender.
- Add tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Top serving with cheddar cheese and scallions.