Recipe by Indynana
This is our favorite night-before-thanksgiving meal. It's fast a nd good. REcipe was given to me by a co-worker.
Top Review by AnnoyingRooster
Made this a while back. I thought it was a little plain, but it was a great change of flavor compared to most other stuff we eat and so I enjoyed it. My oh so picky brother and dad loved it, so it's definitely a make again meal. The mexican corn in the corn bread was a really great touch.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canmild chili beans, in sauce
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop onion and bell pepper.
- Brown meat with onion and pepper un til beef is no loner pink; drain .
- Stir in chili beans, barbecue sauce annd salt. Bring to a boil.
- Spoon into a 9 inch square pan.
- Prepare corn muffin mix acording to package irections; stir in corn.Spoon over meat mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.