Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Chuck Wagon Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Combine liquid smoke and water in a bowl; then add to the beef mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to blend all the flavors.
- Meanwhile butter and broiler toast the buns.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto the toasted buns.
This is a definite keeper it was so fast and easy. I think I had it on the table in less than 30 minutes. The sauce was thick and rich and the brown sugar/chili powder gave it a wonderful taste!! I'll be making a large batch and freezing it.
These burgers were so tasty. I chopped 1/2 onion and added to the beef. The sauce had a little bit of sweetness but was also robust. This was very easy and filling. A stick to your ribs meal. Thanks Nurse Di.
This made our burger night extra special. We really loved the sauce. The chili powder, cumin and liquid smoke really make the sauce in my opinion. Thanks Nurse Di. Another winner here.