Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a definite keeper it was so fast and easy. I think I had it on the table in less than 30 minutes. The sauce was thick and rich and the brown sugar/chili powder gave it a wonderful taste!! I'll be making a large batch and freezing it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 sandwich buns or 4 hamburger buns
- margarine, for spreading
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Combine liquid smoke and water in a bowl; then add to the beef mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to blend all the flavors.
- Meanwhile butter and broiler toast the buns.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto the toasted buns.