Recipe by weekend cooker
Great tasting dinner with great basting sauce. Great dinner to come home to after a long days work.
- 1 (4 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle roast with garlic salt, and pepper. Brown on all sides in oil in saucepan, and place in slow cooker.
- Saute garlic cloves, and onion in meat drippings in saucepan.
- Add 1 cup water, bouillon cube, and coffee. Cook over low heat for several minutes, stirring until drippings loosen, pour this over meat in cooker.
- Add bay leaf.
- Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours, or until very tender.
- Remove bay leaf, and discard.
- Remove meat to serving platter, and keep warm.
- Mix 3 tablespoons water and cornstarch together until paste forms.
- Stir into hot liquid, and onions in cooker. Covernand cook for 10 minutes on high, or until thickened.
- Slice meat into 8 slices, and serve with gravy on the top, or on the side.