Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful take on beans and beef.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄8 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Brown ground beef in butter.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan.
- Pour mixture into oven dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
We really enjoyed this bean recipe! Not at all sweet and nice and tangy from the mustard and vinegar. I didn't use the butter to brown the beef. I used cider vinegar and thought it was a great match. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013