Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Another of my husband's favorites. I got this recipe out of a cookbook called "Dining with Pioneers". It's apparently a collection of recipes by a group from Tennessee. This one was submitted by someone named Mae Hallum from Memphis.
- In a Dutch oven or other large, heavy, oven proof pot fry bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Drain fat.
- In the same pan, cook ground beef, onion and celery until meat in brown and the onion and celery are tender.
- Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Add bouillon to meat mixture with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven until hot and bubbly.
- Crumble bacon over beans and serve.
- This makes a LOT of beans. I usually halve the recipe.