1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Another of my husband's favorites. I got this recipe out of a cookbook called "Dining with Pioneers". It's apparently a collection of recipes by a group from Tennessee. This one was submitted by someone named Mae Hallum from Memphis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Dutch oven or other large, heavy, oven proof pot fry bacon until crisp and set aside.
- 2Drain fat.
- 3In the same pan, cook ground beef, onion and celery until meat in brown and the onion and celery are tender.
- 4Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- 5Add bouillon to meat mixture with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 6Cover and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven until hot and bubbly.
- 7Crumble bacon over beans and serve.
- 8This makes a LOT of beans. I usually halve the recipe.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chuck Wagon Beans
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.3
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 1610.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 38.3 g