Prep 4 hrs
Cook 22 mins
This is an awesome way to cook chuck steak. It is tender and delicious! I found this on the Cooking on the Go software when I needed something to turn chuck steak into something tasty!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except meat.
- Pour into a large reclosable plastic bag or a shallow baking dish.
- Trim fat and slash edges of remaining fat at 1-inch intervals on meat.
- Place meat in marinade, turning to coat.
- Close bag or cover baking dish.
- Refrigerate at least 4 or up to 24 hours, turning steak over occasionally.
- Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray or brush w/ oil.
- Remove meat from marinade and place on broiler pan, reserving marinade.
- Broil 4-inches from heat source for 10 minutes, basting often.
- Turn meat over w/ tongs and broil 8 minutes for rare to medium, 10-12 minutes for well done.
Very tasty and easy to make. The chuck steak was so tender that it could almost be cut with a fork. My husband raved about it!
I've had a few different results with this recipe (All great)even put it to the test with the cheapest thinnest slice of steak I could find. maybe the first time I let it sit in the marinade longer? FANTASTIC results! Just threw them on the BBQ and seared them, and then finished them with inderect heat Sooooooo Tender! Also, it indeed does help to tenderize just a bit if you can't let the meat marinade as long as this calls 2!
I made this exactly as posted and we loved it! I was a little short on the sesame seeds, but didn't effect the flavor. Cooked up great on the grill. I thought this was a fabulous recipe for such a tough cut of meat. I only marinated for 6 hours, but was flavorful and very tender. Thanks for the great addition!