Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Seasoned enchiladas topped with Cheddar'Cheese
- 1 (4 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans green chilies, peeled, and diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, peeled, and diced
- 8 large tortillas, 10 -12 inches
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups red enchilada sauce
- Brown roast on all sides in oil in a saucepan, and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except tortillas, cheese, and sauce.
- Cover, and cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork and return to cooker.
- Warm tortillas in oven. Heat enchilida sauce.
- Fill each tortilla with 3/4 cup beef mixture, and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Roll up and serve with sauce.