Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
A crock pot recipe, to make delicious sandwiches, or even serve over steamed rice or noodles. If serving on buns, serve with chips and coleslaw or pickle spears.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cola
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine roast and chopped onion in a 4-qt.
- Combine cola and next 7 ingredients; reserve 1/2 cup in refrigerator.
- Pour remaining mixture over roast and onion.
- Cover; cook on high 6 hours or until roast is very tender; drain and shred roast.
- Keep warm.
- Combine reserved 1/2 cup cola mixture, ketchup and butter in a small saucepan; cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until thoroughly heated.
- Pour over shredded roast, stirring gently.
- Spoon onto buns.