Recipe by Rhonda in Texas
My husband found this in the Dallas Morning News cookie contest. It is very easy to make and sooo yummy!
- 18 ounces roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (divided use)
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick spray or line with with foil.
- With floured fingers, press dough into pan to form an even layer.
- Bake 27-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Keep oven on. Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips. Let stand until chips are shiny-- with knife, spread chocolate chips over cookie layer.
- Top with marshmallows, remaining chocolate and nuts. Press down lightly. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 15-20 minutes. Cut warm bars with wet knife.
- Makes 16 big squares.