Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I thought this looked like a great meatloaf recipe and I was right!!!
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oats
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- To prepare sauce, saute onion in vegetable oil. Once it's softened, add garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce except for salt and pepper and cook, uncovered, on medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until your flavors come together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soften vegeatable in small amount of oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix up the rest of the ingredients and stir in 1/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Add your cooked vegetables and lightly mix everything up with your hands.
- Gently form into an oval loaf in a shallow baking dish. Spread the top with the rest of the sauce. Bake for about 1 hour.
Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing
Move over old recipe for meatloaf - you've got some competition! Check out my profile - we take meatloaf very seriously in my house. If you're looking for meatloaf, you must try this.