Recipe by Sarah Boudjema
This Algerian dish offers oodles of taste and plenty of healthy carb’s and protein to norish and up the energy levels. Serve with a good bread to mop up the delicious juices.
- 8 chicken pieces (legs or Thighs)
- 1 small onion, Chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon harissa
- 2 allspice berries (or if you can get Cubeb Berries, crushed)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 400 g chickpeas, drained
- 2 pints chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop onion and fry gently in 2tbs oil in large saucepan until starting to soften. Add the chicken and brown for 10 mins, add garlic, spices, salt, tomato puree and Harissa and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock, stir and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 mins or until chicken is cooked and add the chickpeas simmering for another 10 mins until the sauce has thickened.