Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I modified recipe 48801 for this. My family liked the addition of beans & rice!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I like the ones with chopped green chilies in them)
- 2 cups grated cheese (your choice, we like Jack)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried pinto bean
- 1 cup rice
- taco seasoning (I like to add a packet!) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot (start with 2 cups of water, add more as need.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (Or high for 3-4).
- Shred chicken & serve in tortillas!
- (I throw in extra of everything & make extra for the freezer-yum!).
I made this yesterday and LOVE it!! PLEASE NOTE: Next time I will either soak the pinto beans overnight in water or make sure they are towards the bottom of the crock pot since I cooked this on low for 11 hours and the beans did not fully cook (I was not home to stir occasionally which may also remedy this problem.)
Very tasty- added some frozen corn at the end and some jalapenos. Everyone loved it- haven't tried it after freezing yet.
This recipe JUMPED out at me! Healthy and delicious as can be! OK...was able to use up bit from pantry, TRUE! This is what I literally did do! 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 can Mexi beans drained, 3 x 300 g glass jars Salsa...2 out of three were spicy bean, third jar tomato salsa..did add one pack of taco seasoning and had 2 pounds chicken diced....WHEW! LOVE the ease AND can freeze! This recipe SURELY did please! THANKS!