Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Thick, rich sauce that is perfect on spaghetti or for lasagna.
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Blend the stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste in a blender.
- Brown meat,onions and garlic.
- Add tomato blend to meat, reduce heat.
- Add sugar, basil and oregano and simmer for 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper before serving.