Recipe by Concoctionista
This is based off of several recipes that I've found here, plus a twist of my own tastes & tricks.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ, ground
- 1 tablespoon Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup grape jelly (or any flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 8 ounces baby food (I used plum)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- combine all powdered ingredients.
- Ground wheat germ & flax seeds and add to powdered ingredients.
- Add 2 eggs.
- add remaining liquid ingredients.
- shred carrots & add.
- Stir just until mixed.
- Pour into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.