Recipe by iam1ofhis
This is a very nice twist on traditional baked beans. It can be made for summer cookouts or fancy holiday meals. If you like your food with a kick, this one's for you!
- 3 (28 ounce) cansof bush's baked beans (Original or Bold-N-Spicy)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb fresh ground turkey
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) bottleof open pit spicy bbq sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottleof open pit chargrill barbecue sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, reserving 1/4 cup (light or dark brown)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (suit to taste)
- morton's hot salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet with hot salt ; drain.
- Return to skillet and add green pepper & onion; pour in bbq sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open baked beans and drain ½ of the juice from each can.
- Pour cans of beans into an oven safe casserole dish or foil fan.
- Add contents of skillet.
- Add mustard, cumin, brown sugar, and tabasco sauce.
- Mix ingredients together well-being careful not to smash beans.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of reserved brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. enjoy!