Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My long-lost friend, Christy Craig, made this for dinner one hot summer night. It was Christy, her two girls, and me and my DD. We spent an hour or two in the pool trying to cool off and then dined lightly on this scrumptous pasta dish. The adults enjoyed a chilled La Crema Chardonnay and the girls had freshly squeezed lemonade. Perfect evening! Use your favorite brand of sausage, I use a mildly spiced smoked. Sometimes I sub Arugula for the spinach.
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 limes, juice and zest of
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 mild red chili pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 links sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 5 ounces feta
- Salt the water and cook the spaghetti noodles until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large sauce pan, add lime zest and garlic, S&P, capers and saute one minute.
- Add meats and cook until done.
- Add spaghetti, toss to coat and toss with spinach leaves and lime juice.
- Top with crumbled Feta.
Made this for lunch today with what I had on hand...so had to sub penne pasta, and I used key limes and frozen spinach. Added a bit of dill, and kind of wanted a light cream sauce, so added milk and a little cream and corn starch. Forgot the red pepper, which I think would be a good addition, and I think the feta really stood out with the lime. Thanks!