1/3 Photos of Christopher's Teriyaki Stir Fry
Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
This is a great stir fry recipe for the beginner. A friend's husband makes it for his family of six on a regular basis. His directions are straight forward and simple. Sure to give you great results. Prepping ahead won't take you long and the actually cooking can be complete in under 20 minutes. It's a real hit with the kids. When not making my own teriyaki sauce, my favorite bottled sauce is made by Annie's Organics. The recipe called to stir fry with sesame oil but I choose to fry with other oils with higher smoke points. You can add some sesame oil at the end for flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced very thin (easiest done while slightly frozen)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florettes
- 3 medium carrots, thin sliced on bias
- 1 red onion, cut bite size
- snow peas
- 1 -2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- sesame oil, to taste (added at the end)
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- cooked rice, to serve over
- 1At least two hours before dinner, combine sliced chicken, garlic, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl.
- 2Stir, cover, and refrigerate until dinner time.
- 3Heat wok, or wok-style pan, to high heat; add oil.
- 4Add chicken and stir until cooked, then add veggies.
- 5Continue to stir and cook until veggies are firm, then add crushed red pepper flakes to taste and garnish with sesame seeds.
- 6Serve immediately over rice.
- 7Note: If you find that your sauce was too liquid the first time you prepare this, try adding a teaspoon of cornstarch to the teriyaki chicken mixture before stir frying next time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christopher's Teriyaki Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 2912.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 32.4 g