Recipe by Senior Lady
This is a recipe I created for my son many years ago.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent and I didn't even miss the butter. I used one large potato for the two of us and it was more than I could eat, it was so filling. Thanks for another great twice baked recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the already baked potatoes in half lengthwise when cool enough to handle and scoop out pulp and put into large mixing bowl.
- Mix bacon and onion together and cook until bacon is well done.
- Add milk to room-temperature cream cheese and stir to get creamy consistency.
- Add bacon and onion mixture, cream cheese mixture, and 1 cup of the cheddar to the bowl of potatoes with salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Stuff the mixture back into the potato shells. Sprinkle remaining cheddar over top.
- Bake in a 350 oven approximately 30-45 minutes.