Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother and sister have made this recipe for me since I was in my teens I never baked for myself until after 30. My sister sent this recipe to me while I was living in Moscow, so I could enjoy the flavor of my favorite cake. I am not sure of the origination of the recipe and neither are they.
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients.
- 2. Mix oil and sugar.
- 3. Add dry ingredients.
- 4. Add carrots and eggs, alternately.
- 5. Add vanilla.
- 6. Bake in a rectangular glass dish at 375F for 45 minutes.
- 7. Insert toothpick to check doneness.
- 8. Beat together icing ingredients and spread on cooled cake.
- 9. Cover and refrigerate cake.
- 10. Enjoy!