Recipe by JackBauer
This recipe is from the cookbook "Rose's Christmas Cookies" by Rose Levy Beranbaum. These treats are as cute as they are yummy. They are great to make with kids, they are very simple.
Top Review by Polish Chick
I have made these for years too. They are so festive and everyone is delighted. This week I made the recipe for a party and formed it into one giant wreath on a foil-lined baking sheet. I couldn't find the cinnamon baking candies, so I used red M&Ms. Also, I use sugar-frosted flakes for a sweeter taste.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons red-hot candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and melt them over low heat.
- Stir the marshmallows constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add food coloring and vanilla.
- Mix in cornflakes.
- Keep the mixture warm by placing the saucepan in a large pot or skillet filled with 1 inch with hot water; replace water as it cools.
- Working quickly so mixture does not harden, use 2 spoons, or lightly greased fingers to drop small mounds of cornflake mixture onto wax paper.
- With lightly greased fingers, quickly form cornflake mixture in wreaths with holes in the center.
- Immediately, decorate wreaths with red hots.
- When wreaths dry you can string them on nylond string or gold ribbons for tree decorations or you can eat them!