Recipe by Phunny Pharmer
This wreath looks as good as it tastes. The base and toppings can be prepared a day ahead and assembled right before your party. This is my version of an appetizer found on http://www.easy-appetizer-recipes.com/ You can add other chopped veggies, dried fruit, etc. to make this even prettier. Best served shortly after assembling.
Top Review by shadowgirl...
Love This. So festive, simple to make and tasty too. What more could you ask for. I've made something very similar. Instead of the italian seasoning packet I used a spicy ranch packet and whipped cream cheese. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 2 (453.59 g) package crescent rolls
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml dill weed
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli (1 small crown chopped into small florets)
- 3 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 sweet red pepper (cut into various shapes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the crescent roll dough from its packaging BUT DON'T UNROLL IT.
- Cut each tube into eight slices and arrange the slices in a circle on ungreased baking sheet (about 11 inches in diameter -- you can make your circle on an pizza pan).
- Bake dough wreath for 15-20 minutes or until the dough turns a lovely golden color. Cool for 5 minutes or so before gently removing wreath to a serving platter. Then, cool it completely.
- In small bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in dill, Italian seasoning and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to spread on wreath.
- Cut red pepper into festive shapes (circles, stars, etc.) You can make a bow out of the rounded bottom and strips of the pepper (see the photo for example).
- When ready to assemble, spread the cheese mixture over the baked wreath.
- Sprinkle with chopped celery.
- Arrange broccoli florets, celery leaves and red pepper pieces around the wreath to decorate.
- Attach red pepper bow and serve.