1/8 Photos of Christmas Wreath Appetizer
Phunny Pharmer's Note:
This wreath looks as good as it tastes. The base and toppings can be prepared a day ahead and assembled right before your party. This is my version of an appetizer found on http://www.easy-appetizer-recipes.com/ You can add other chopped veggies, dried fruit, etc. to make this even prettier. Best served shortly after assembling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli (1 small crown chopped into small florets)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 sweet red pepper (cut into various shapes)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Remove the crescent roll dough from its packaging BUT DON'T UNROLL IT.
- 3Cut each tube into eight slices and arrange the slices in a circle on ungreased baking sheet (about 11 inches in diameter -- you can make your circle on an pizza pan).
- 4Bake dough wreath for 15-20 minutes or until the dough turns a lovely golden color. Cool for 5 minutes or so before gently removing wreath to a serving platter. Then, cool it completely.
- 5In small bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in dill, Italian seasoning and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to spread on wreath.
- 6Cut red pepper into festive shapes (circles, stars, etc.) You can make a bow out of the rounded bottom and strips of the pepper (see the photo for example).
- 7When ready to assemble, spread the cheese mixture over the baked wreath.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped celery.
- 9Arrange broccoli florets, celery leaves and red pepper pieces around the wreath to decorate.
- 10Attach red pepper bow and serve.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Wreath Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: