This wreath looks as good as it tastes. The base and toppings can be prepared a day ahead and assembled right before your party. This is my version of an appetizer found on http://www.easy-appetizer-recipes.com/ You can add other chopped veggies, dried fruit, etc. to make this even prettier. Best served shortly after assembling.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli (1 small crown chopped into small florets)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 sweet red pepper (cut into various shapes)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the crescent roll dough from its packaging BUT DON'T UNROLL IT.
- Cut each tube into eight slices and arrange the slices in a circle on ungreased baking sheet (about 11 inches in diameter -- you can make your circle on an pizza pan).
- Bake dough wreath for 15-20 minutes or until the dough turns a lovely golden color. Cool for 5 minutes or so before gently removing wreath to a serving platter. Then, cool it completely.
- In small bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in dill, Italian seasoning and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to spread on wreath.
- Cut red pepper into festive shapes (circles, stars, etc.) You can make a bow out of the rounded bottom and strips of the pepper (see the photo for example).
- When ready to assemble, spread the cheese mixture over the baked wreath.
- Sprinkle with chopped celery.
- Arrange broccoli florets, celery leaves and red pepper pieces around the wreath to decorate.
- Attach red pepper bow and serve.